Thursday, December 9, 2010

I am addicted to chocolate.

It's true.  There are two things that I need every single day: coffee and chocolate.  Unfortunately, many times I go to make a meal... and all I have is coffee and chocolate.  Which is awesome, but, you know, not really that healthy.  Last night I realized I hadn't eaten (the horror!), and decided I would make waffles.  I do this a lot when I either a) don't have any time, or b) don't have any food (or both).  You always have the ingredients to make waffles right??!  Well.... I didn't have soy milk.  But, I had chocolate almond milk...

(Vegan) Chocolate Almond Waffles


Ingredients:
- 1 1/3 cups AP flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate almond milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla

Method:
1. Preheat your waffle iron!
2. Mix together the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Mix together the wet ingredients in another medium-sized bowl.  
4. Combine!  Mix/wisk until you don't have clumps!
5. Throw 'em on the waffle iron, and cook!  Makes 6.

Super easy, and amazingly really delicious!  They're not super chocolatey, and kind of taste like waffle cones!!

2 comments: