Thursday, February 17, 2011

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day!

I made these for my 2nd grade class!

The rose is from one of my students:)
The recipe for these mini- golden vanilla cupcakes and decadent buttercream icing is from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.  If you don't have this book, GET IT!  The recipe is super simple and always comes out perfect.  All I did to make them my own was: add some red food coloring, red and pink sanding sugar, one (mini!) chocolate chip each, and one of those cliche candy hearts.  Of course, I didn't realize that those little guys they aren't vegan!  I read the bag during class (I gave out the extras at the end of the day)- what a bummer!  I didn't eat any because I remember them tasting like nothing.... but still!  Fail!

Some of the raving reviews:
"Miss Amandah, these are the most delicious ever."
"These are so good, can we have them every day?"
"YUM!" (mouth full of cupcake)

1 comment:

  1. It's soooo cute you made these for your class!
    And they look really yummy!

    ReplyDelete