BBQ Seitan with Garlic Collards
BBQ sauce of your choice (approx. 1 cup)
One container of seitan
3/4 cup corn
6-8 collard greens
4 cloves garlic
1/4 yellow onion
1/4 cup water
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Start your collards first, as they will need about an hour to cook through. Add the water to a medium-sized saucepan, and throw on the medium heat.
2. Chop the onion and mince the garlic, and toss it in the pan. Stir constantly.
3. Cut the collards into strips, and add to the pan. Stir between batches, and cover when all collards are in the pan. Lower to a simmer, and stir every once in a while. Simmer for at least 45 minutes- 1.5 hours.
5. Grab a small saucepan and warm up your corn. Cook over medium- heat for about 8 minutes (stirring occasionally), and drain.
6. Grab a wok or frying pan, the oil, BBQ sauce, and seitan. Warm your wok/pan over medium- heat.
7. Once ready, add about 2 teaspoons of oil to the pan. Add a few pieces of seitan, and toss. Add enough BBQ sauce to cover the seitan, and cook until you see a nice glaze. Continue until all seitan is cooked.
8. Throw the drained corn into the wok/pan, and toss to coat lightly.
9. Assemble and enjoy!