New Year's Eve Finger Foods
(Vegan) Mexican Hot Dogs in Blankies:
- Vegan jumbo hot dogs
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- One package vegan bacon
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/3 medium red onion
- 1/2 jalopeno
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 2 limes
- Handful of cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Pinch of salt, pepper, and sugar
(Vegan) Loaded Potato Skins:
- 4 potatoes, baked
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan Parmesan cheese
- A few shakes each of salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper
- 5 strips of Fakin Bacon
- 3/4 cup Daiya chedder cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- Chives or green onions for garnish
(Vegan) Deviled Tofu:
- Recipe by Mo from Mo Betta Vegan
(Vegan) Mini Bagel Pizzas:
- Bag of whole wheat mini bagels
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- One can of pizza sauce
- Daiya Mozzerella cheese
- A few shakes Italian seasoning
(Vegan) Mexican Hot Dogs in Blankies
1. For the pico de gallo: Dice the tomatoes, onion, and jalopeno. Mince your garlic, and chop your cilantro.
2. Throw all of the ingredients in a bowl, and add the lime juice, salt, and pepper. Done!
3. For the Sriracha mayo: wisk ingredients together. The salt, pepper, and sugar are to taste, so play around with them. Feel free to add more sriracha if you're feeling crazy. Set aside.
4. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
5. Cut the hot dogs in half, and wrap each in one piece of "bacon."
6. Roll each doggie in a dough triangle and place on a baking sheet.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown.
8. Top with Sriraca mayo and pico de gallo.
(Vegan) Loaded Potato Skins
1. If you haven't baked your potatoes already, do so first!
2. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
3. Cook your "bacon" according to package directions. Once cooled, crumble and set aside.
4. Once they're soft, cut each lengthwise and scoop out the middle leaving a "bowl" before placing on a baking sheet.
5. Wisk together the oil, cheese, and spices. Pour or brush mixture onto each potato skin.
6. Bake until crisp (about 10 minutes).
7. Fill each skin with cheese and crumbled Fakin Bacon.
8. Place back in oven for another few minutes (until the cheese melts).
9. Garnish with sour cream, chives, and/or green onions.
(Vegan) Mini Bagel Pizzas
1. Open or cut bagels in half.
2. Minch garlic and set aside.
3. Spread pizza sauce over each mini bagel, and top with garlic, cheese, and a few shakes Italian seasoning.
4. Throw in a toaster oven or broiler until the cheese melts! Add fun toppings!
... and to end the night:) Happy New Year!