Okay, technically I also used some potatoes. So five. Are you ready for the amazingness that I am about to bestow upon you?
- One French baguette
- 2 cloves garlic
- One Tofurkey Roast
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil + extra for the roll
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sage
- One can jellied cranberry sauce
- One container wild mushroom gravy
- Prepare the Tofurkey according to directions on package. *PLAN AHEAD.* If frozen, you're looking at over 3 hours of roasting. If thawed, you're looking at an hour and a half. The EVOO, soy sauce, and sage are for the baste. Feel free to use the other basting option (on package, includes orange juice), and to use more or less to taste. I chopped two potatoes for a yummy (but mainly lazy) side dish and threw them in with the roast.
- When the Tofurkey is going back into the oven for it's last 10 minutes, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- For the rolls, we decided to be super healthy and layer on the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and garlic. We used a tablespoon for each roll, and a whole clove for each. We love garlic, so you'll probably want to use less. If you want to be like us, just mince the garlic and spread it on the roll with the oil. You're making a super lazy garlic bread, by the way. We also threw on a little sesame oil, but again, that's not really "normal" so it's cool to not do that.
- Heat the gravy in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Remember to stir! To be healthier, we added salt.
- Open the cranberry sauce and put it in a bowl....
- When the Tofurkey is done and has cooled for just a few minutes, cut it in half and remove the stuffing. All of it.
- Chop half of the tofurkey up cheesesteak style. Save the rest for tomorrow's lunch. It'll make you feel better about spending $13 on it in the first place.
- Throw it all on the roll! We did: cranberry sauce on bottom, followed by a ton of chopped tofurkey, stuffing, more cranberry sauce, and an insane amount of gravy.
Thanksgiving on a roll! Enjoy and get ready to be way too full (and happy!)!