Saturday, October 9, 2010

Leftovers from The (Vegan) Carbo-Loading Meal

Have a bunch of pesto to use up?  These are two of my favorite leftover ideas:

A very (vegan) grown-up breakfast!


It feels grown up to me.  When I have extra pesto, I'm all about making yummy breakfast melts in the morning.  My favorite is this: pesto, (vegan) cheddar cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes on Le Bus toast (or any, I'm just obsessed with their breads).  You can also add some (vegan) sausage crumbles or pieces of tempeh bacon.  Just spread the pesto on the bread, grate some (vegan) cheddar cheese on top, and sprinkle on some diced sun-dried tomatoes before tossing it in the broiler for a few minutes.  While it's getting all delicious, make yourself some coffee and find the latest episode of Gossip Girl online!  Yum!!

Hello Kitty Paninis!

Sorry about the yellow photo... 
Speaking of being a grown-up, why not make some Hello Kitty Paninis?  I bought this as a total impulse buy (you're shocked, I know), and once I told my boyfriend about it, he asked me to make one of the sandwiches that he orders on his lunchbreak.  And so, the Official Hello Kitty Panini was born.  They're made with pesto, lots of tofurkey slices (we love the Peppered ones), (vegan) cheddar cheese, slices of green peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes... on Le Bus bread (obviously, I made these on the same day).

I know that there's a million things to do with pesto; tell me your favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment